Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician - Winnipeg
We are the best at what we do so what are you waiting for?
Looking for a Journeymen Heavy Duty Technicians!
The Calmont Group is growing and we would love for you to come and grow with us!
For nearly 50 years, Calmont Group, a growing Canadian-based company with branches in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. We are dedicated to delivering best-in-class transportation solutions to meet the diverse needs of our customers. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Calmont Group is comprised of Calmont Leasing Ltd., Calmont Truck Centre Ltd., Calmont Equipment Ltd., and Carter Lease and Rentals.
What we offer:
Employer paid Health and Dental plans
Employee Assistance Program
Great Team Environment
Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with skilled and supportive teammates. We are currently accepting resumes from organized and team-oriented individuals who are currently a Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician for our Calmont Leasing location Winnipeg, MB
Under the Service Manager, a Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician, will perform skilled work in adjustment, maintenance and repair of light and heavy duty trucks as assigned by the Shop Foreman. Some of the job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Obtaining work orders from Shop Foreman and review them to ensure understanding.
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals. Diagnose the source of any faults and malfunctions and perform repairs.
- Performing work as noted on work order and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems with accuracy and efficiency.
- Examining vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is needed.
- Testing repaired vehicles for proper performance to ensure that completed work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations.
- Completing detailed written report for the completion of work order.
JOB REQUIREMENTS DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician certification
- Minimum of 1 year related industry experience.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Valid Class 3 Drivers License considered an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail with a sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLYIf you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a challenge, then this may be the opportunity for you. At Calmont, we believe in a healthy work-life balance and we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation package, along with a first class benefits package for the correct individual.